Show Notes | January 30, 2020 | Episode 018
Partner Reveal: Intuit
Are you ready to officially meet our new partner, who is not only providing amazing opportunities for milspouses to start a virtual career but has also been voted one of Fortune 100’s Best Places to Work? Meet Intuit! In this episode, Kimber chats with Intuit Hiring Manager Karina Decker. They take questions from our community, talk about why Intuit truly is such an amazing place to work, and share all the details on two positions Intuit is currently hiring for: QuickBooks Live Expert Bookkeeper and TurboTax Live Tax Expert. If you are looking to put your bookkeeping or tax knowledge to use in a flexible, work from home environment, this is an episode you won’t want to miss.
If you are a new listener to VirtForce Podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
Links and Resources
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
Check Out More VirtForce Programming
Alright VirtForce family – are you ready to officially meet our new partner, who is not only providing amazing opportunities for milspouses to start a virtual career but has also been voted one of Fortune 100’s Best Places to Work?
Meet Intuit! If you’re familiar with products like TurboTax, QuickBooks, or Mint, then you already know them. Intuit doesn’t just claim to be a fantastic place to work. They have the evidence to back it up. In this episode, Kimber talks with Intuit Hiring Manager Karina Decker. Karina has been crushing hiring goals season after season for TTL, building bi-lingual Spanish recruiting function, has gone from hiring a few hundred agents to when she started to a few thousand agents now.
Karina shared that at Intuit, “You are not just a number. Everything you say matters. You have a say in providing your feedback and your voice is heard. They are really big on the voice of the customer.” Intuit is giving back, creating opportunity, and is not going to treat you like a number – what more can you ask for?
So are you looking to put your bookkeeping or tax knowledge to use in a flexible, work from home environment? Intuit is currently hiring for two positions: QuickBooks Live Expert Bookkeeper and TurboTax Live Tax Expert.
What do you need to know about the QuickBooks Live Expert Bookkeeper position?
- This is the perfect platform for bookkeepers looking for a part-time gig (year-round, 20-29 hours per week). The goal is to support small business owners so they can focus on actually running their business.
- All training is done remotely. During training (while you’re getting paid!), Intuit will help you get the QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification.
- No certification required to apply; You do need at least 5 years of experience using a tax prep or bookkeeping software and/or have a degree; Having a CPA is helpful but not required.
- You are an advisor, helping self-employed and small business owners use QuickBooks software, to help alleviate what they may not have the bandwidth to do
Do you feel like this is a good opportunity for you? Throw your name in the hat and go for it.
What do you need to know about the TurboTax Live Tax Expert position?
- This is an opportunity to be part of a huge community. Their goal to hire 10,000 Tax Expert Agents this season.
- They are looking for Certified CPA or Enrolled Agents, or Practicing Attorneys
- You are providing tax advice, tax review, and/or signing off on tax returns for TurboTax customers
- Available over the phone or live video feed (one-way video – customer can see the agent but the agent doesn’t see the customer)
- This position requires at least 20 hours a week but you can work up to 40 hours per week
- All training is done remotely
- It is okay if you have never used TurboTax – all you need is tax knowledge and credentials!
- Requirements: Credentials (CPA, EA, Practicing Attorney) + at least 3 years of tax prep experience
Even if you run your own small-business or freelance during tax season, you can still take advantage of these opportunities. Intuit could be a great fit for you because you can earn additional income and build your network.
To learn more about each position and hear questions from our community, tune into the full episode.