Show Notes | November 19, 2020 | Episode 92
Cloud accounting firm Reconciled is experiencing massive growth. They are expanding in all departments – not just their accounting service.
Currently in acquisition mode, Reconciled is expected to hit 100 employees by next year, 60 of which still need to be hired.
Reconciled has already hired three military spouses and hiring manager Stephanie Stewart would be happy if the rest come from VirtForce.
Living in South Carolina, with several nearby military bases, Stephanie sees the turnover of military families every summer, and talks to military spouses about how difficult it can be to find a job and continue a career.
As a remote-first company, at Reconciled, military spouses can still have a rewarding career as they move from base to base, and parents can have the work-life balance of being there for their children.
Reconciled is different from other remote company’s because they are very intentional about creating a culture in which remote employees feel connected, beginning with a mentorship program when new employees onboard.
Founded in 2015, the company has had time to figure out which rhythms and remote culture norms work and which don’t.
At Reconciled, each Tuesday remote employees can have coffee with the CEO. Each Friday they have virtual game time.
Reconciled is currently looking to fill two full-time remote roles.
HR Coordinator: With Reconciled experiencing immense growth, the company is looking to add an employee would serve as a quarterback for HR, helping with recruiting and acquisitions.
- The role requires just a one-year minimum requirement working in administrative support (preferably HR) and at least one-year of remote work experience.
- Applicants should have experience supporting the full cycle recruiting process and working knowledge of an ATS.
Cloud Accounting Bookkeeper: Being a bookkeeper at Reconciled means more than crunching numbers. You’ll also get a chance to think big, creatively solve problems and become a subject matter expert on everything from e-commerce to breweries.
- Applicants should have experience handling bookkeeping for multiple companies at a time using online accounting software such as QuickBooks Online, have a thorough understanding of accounting and experience working in a client-facing role.
- Reconciled prefers applicants who have a minimum of one-year bookkeeping experience AND at least an Associates in Accounting/Business or an Accounting Certificate with a desire to learn.
In addition to meeting requirements, Stephanie is looking for candidates who submit a well-written cover letter and who aren’t intimidated by video.
About 70 percent of candidates do not follow through on submitting a one-way video that tells Reconciled:
- Why you want to work for Reconciled?
- How you will help Reconciled grow?
- And as a company committed to lifelong learning, what you are learning right now?
Candidates can stand out simply by participating and showing up for this part of the hiring process. With a whole week to record responses on your own time, there’s no reason not to.
The reason why employers put so many steps in between applicants showing interest in the job and the first interview is to see who you really are as a candidate and whether or not you are the right fit for the company’s culture.
As Reconciled continues to grow, it is looking to expand into different departments such as sales, account management, deliverable services and HR.
Reconciled’s goal is for those opportunities to stay in front of the military community to accommodate their transient lifestyles.
Tune in to learn more about the requirements and benefits of working at Reconciled.
If you are a new listener to VirtForce podcast, we would love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com and let us know how we can help you today.
Links and Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Podcast – 19. Ace Your Virtual Interview
Free Course – How to Ace Your Virtual Interview
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
Check Out Recent Podcast Episodes: